Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) Opening
Full Time or Part-time Registered Ultrasound Technologist (RVT)
Location: Toms River, New Jersey
- Ensure proper garments are worn by patient during test and explain procedures to obtain cooperation and reassure patient.
- Perform echocardiogram and/or stress echocardiogram under supervision of a cardiologist in accordance with Navix and/or site protocols. Vascular ultrasound procedures may include but are not limited to cerebrovascular, transcranial Doppler, extremity arterial, extremity venous, visceral vascular.
- Follow the company’s Quality Assurance (QA) protocol with the exception of
- In a hospital setting, determines priority for requested inpatient and outpatient studies and revise schedules as needed to perform emergency studies in agreement with the hospital department supervisor or attending physician.
- Recognize important and
life threateningabnormalities on the echocardiogram and inform the account supervisor, interpreting or attending physician before the patient leaves the testing site or as physician instructs.
- Communicate to the physicians regarding echocardiography findings with the process determined for the site.
- Ensure patient safety by following company procedures and protocol.
- Maintain and clean equipment as directed by suggested manufacturer guidelines. Report any equipment difficulties or failures
toNavix’s customer service department as soon as possible.
- Frequently move equipment/machine for testing purposes.
- Maintain supplies for testing sites or keep appropriate materials as personal stock if in a mobile setting.
- Thoroughly complete all paperwork (i.e. technical log sheets, billing requisitions). Obtain proper exam order with
correspondingdiagnosis as well as obtain patient’ssignature for authorization for performing the test.
- Report any incidents (i.e. coding of a pertinent, needle sticks, patient falling, etc.) by following the incident report procedures as well as notify your immediate supervisor within 24 hours.
- Communicate with
manageron a regular basis regarding work schedules.
- Attend yearly OSHA and Compliance training as per company policy.
- Participate in on-going training to ensure job competency.
- Comply with all corporate policies including Environmental Health and Safety regulations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Our technologists stay with us (some for more than 10 years - unprecedented in the industry) because of our reputation and a strong commitment to our team. We ensure that our technologists are well-compensated and receive a generous benefits package, including health, dental, life, STD, LTD, 401K, paid-time-off, tuition and professional membership fee reimbursement and referral bonus program.
Building healthcare partnerships dedicated to developing clinically excellent heart and vascular programs that help practitioners detect and diagnose cardiovascular disease.
- Nearly 100 Registered Technologists
- Partnerships with Academic & Community Hospitals, Surgery Centers, Access Centers, and Physician Practices
- More than 100 Managed Accredited Facilities including Vascular, Echocardiography, Nuclear and Vein Centers
- More than 2,000 Physicians trained in Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation