Job Title: Registered General Ultrasound Sonographer & Vascular Technologist
Job Location: Greater Boston Area including Needham, MA
The Registered General Ultrasound Sonographer job requires the sonographer / technologist to utilize high frequency sound waves to produce ultrasound images and related data used by physicians to render a medical diagnosis and perform the following duties:
1. Set up equipment when necessary and prepare patient for examination.
2. Select the proper transducer, both type and frequency for examination.
3. Obtain, review and retrieve pertinent patient history, physical exam and supporting clinical data to facilitate the physician in making the diagnosis.
4. Perform diagnostic ultrasound procedures by producing, assessing and evaluating ultrasound images and related data used by physicians in rendering a diagnosis in accordance with Navix and/or site protocols.
5. Provided interpreting physician with an oral or written summary of technical findings at the discretion of the interpreting physician.
6. Complete paperwork necessary for appropriate billing in an accurate and timely manner.
7. Assist with proper coding of exams for correct diagnosis as needed.
8. Ensure patient safety by following company procedures and protocol.
9. Maintain and clean equipment as directed by suggested manufacturer guidelines. Report any equipment difficulties or failures to your VPO and the Bio Med Facilities Manager as soon as possible.
10. Frequently move equipment/machine for testing purposes as needed.
11. Maintain supplies for testing sites or keep appropriate materials as personal stock if in a mobile setting.
12. Thoroughly complete all paperwork (i.e. technical log sheets, billing requisitions). Obtain proper exam order with corresponding diagnosis as well as obtain patient’s signature for authorization for performing the test.
13. Report any incidents (i.e. coding of a pertinent, needle sticks, patient falling, etc.) by following the incident report procedures as well as notify your immediate supervisor within 24 hours.
14. Communicate with VPO and/or Manager on a regular basis regarding work schedules.
15. Attend yearly OSHA and Compliance training as per company policy.
16. Participate in on-going training to ensure job competency.
17. Comply with Corporate policies regarding environmental Health and Safety regulations.
18. Perform additional duties as assigned.
Minimum of 1-2 years scanning experience. Flexibility in work schedule. Some computer knowledge. Ability to work independently. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications skills. Must be a team player.
Credentialed by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in the primary specialty to be performed. Annual BLS. High school diploma with some college courses. Any applicable State licensure.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.