NAVIX is dedicated to providing superior diagnostic services that improve patient outcomes. Our passion and dedication to our patients and our employees are what sets us apart as a provider and an employer. We strongly believe that in order to provide exceptional service, we must hire exceptional people. Consider joining our team!
Job Title: Vascular Technologist
Job Locations: Westboro, MA; Worcester, MA
The Registered Vascular Technologist job requires the sonographer / technologist to utilize high frequency sound waves to produce ultrasound images and related data used by physicians to render a medical diagnosis and perform the following duties.
- Set up equipment when necessary and prepare patient for examination.
- Select the proper transducer, both type and frequency for examination.
- Obtain, review and retrieve pertinent patient history, physical exam and supporting clinical data to facilitate the physician in making the diagnosis.
- Perform diagnostic procedures by producing, assessing and evaluating ultrasound images and related data used by physicians in rendering a diagnosis in accordance with Navix and/or site protocols. Procedures include but are not limited to cerebrovascular, transcranial Doppler, extremity arterial, extremity venous, visceral vascular.
- Provided interpreting physician with an oral or written preliminary summary of technical findings at the discretion of the interpreting physician.
- Complete paperwork necessary for appropriate billing in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist with proper coding of exams for correct diagnosis.
- Ensure patient safety by following company procedures and protocol.
- Maintain and clean equipment as directed by suggested manufacturer guidelines. Report any equipment difficulties or failures to Navix’s customer service department as soon as possible.
- Frequently move equipment/machine for testing purposes.
- Maintain supplies for testing sites or keep appropriate materials as personal stock if in a mobile setting.
- Thoroughly complete all paperwork (i.e. technical log sheets, billing requisitions). Obtain proper exam order with corresponding diagnosis as well as obtain patient’s signature for authorization for performing the test.
- Report any incidents (i.e. coding of a pertinent, needle sticks, patient falling, etc.) by following the incident report procedures as well as notify your immediate supervisor within 24 hours.
- Communicate with manager on a regular basis regarding work schedules.
- Attend yearly OSHA and Compliance training as per company policy.
- Participate in on-going training to ensure job competency.
- Comply with all corporate policies including Environmental Health and Safety regulations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Minimum of 2 years in non-invasive Vascular Technology. Some computer knowledge. Ability to work independently. Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications skills. Must be a team player.
Credentialed by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular
Credentialing International (CCI) in the primary specialty to be performed. High school diploma with some
college courses. Any applicable State licensure.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Our technologists stay with us (some for more than 10 years – unprecedented in the industry) because of our reputation and a strong commitment to our team. We ensure that our technologists are well-compensated and receive a generous benefits package, including health, dental, life, STD, LTD, 401K, paid-time-off, tuition and professional membership fee reimbursement and referral bonus program.