Job Opening for Registered Vascular Technologist in Greater PhiladelphiaJoin the NAVIX Team
NAVIX is looking for an Experienced Registered Vascular Technologist in Greater Philadelphia, PA or Southern New Jersey.
Experienced Registered Vascular Technologist in Greater Philadelphia or Southern New Jersey
Job Title: Full-time Experienced Registered Vascular Ultrasound Technologist (RVT/RVS)
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ; Washington Township, NJ; Egg Harbor Township, NJ; Marlton, NJ; Greater Philadelphia, PA; Southern New Jersey
Registered Vascular Technologist Job Description:
The Experienced Registered Vascular Technologist in Greater Philadelphia position requires high-level skills in performing vascular ultrasound studies for Vascular Surgeons. The registered vascular sonographer /technologist utilizes high-frequency sound waves to produce ultrasound images and related data used by physicians to render a medical diagnosis and perform the following duties. Ensure proper garments are worn by the patient during the test and explain procedures to obtain cooperation and reassure the patient.
Job Responsibilities for Experienced Registered Vascular Technologist in Greater Philadelphia:
- Ensure proper garments are worn by patients during testing and explain procedures to obtain cooperation and provide reassurance
- Registered Vascular Technologist perform vascular ultrasound exams under the supervision of vascular specialists in accordance with NAVIX and/or site protocols. Vascular ultrasound procedures may include but are not limited to cerebrovascular, transcranial Doppler, extremity arterial, extremity venous, visceral vascular.
- Follow the company’s Quality Assurance (QA) protocol with the exception of the physician’s specific requests.
- Registered Vascular Technologist will recognize important and life-threatening abnormalities on the exam and inform the account supervisor, interpreting or attending physician before the patient leaves the testing site or as physician instructs.
- Registered Vascular Technologist communicate to the physicians regarding findings with the process determined for the site.
Registered Vascular Technologist responsibilities continued:
- Ensure patient safety by following company procedures and protocol.
- Maintain and clean equipment as directed by suggested manufacturer guidelines. Report any equipment difficulties or failures to NAVIX’s suppliers for testing sites or keep appropriate materials as personal stock if in a mobile setting.
- Thoroughly complete all paperwork (i.e. technical log sheets, billing requisitions). Obtain proper exam order with the corresponding diagnosis as well as obtain the patient’s signature for authorization for performing the test.
- Report any incidents (i.e. coding of a pertinent, needle sticks, patient falling, etc.) by following the incident report procedures as well as notify your immediate supervisor within 24 hours.
- Communicate with the manager on a regular basis regarding work schedules.
- Attend yearly OSHA and Compliance training as per company policy.
- Participate in on-going training to ensure job competency.
- Comply with all corporate policies including Environmental Health and Safety regulations.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications for Experienced Registered Vascular Technologist in Greater Philadelphia:
Minimum of 1 –2 years of scanning experience in both vascular ultrasound. Flexibility in work schedule.
Some computer knowledge. Ability to work independently. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and
communication skills. Must be a team player.
Credentialed by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular
Credentialing International (CCI) in the primary specialty to be performed. High school diploma with some
college courses. Any applicable State licensure.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel,
crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Building healthcare partnerships dedicated to developing clinically excellent heart and vascular programs that help practitioners detect and diagnose cardiovascular disease.
- Nearly 100 Registered Technologists
- Partnerships with Academic & Community Hospitals, Surgery Centers, Access Centers, and Physician Practices
- More than 100 Managed Accredited Facilities including Vascular, Echocardiography, Nuclear and Vein Centers
- More than 1200 Physicians trained in Vascular Ultrasound Interpretation